Saturday, November 14, 2009

1 down, 29 to go ...



Okay so I didn't choose that huge canvas for the 1st day of the 30 day challenge but I did complete the first painting on an art card. 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. Sometimes it's fun to pull it all in and work in detail, nose practically on the work. I did a miniature piece of American Folk Art.


On a side note, I paint to music, always. Oddly enough I can remember every soundtrack of every painting. John Mayer, Frank Sinatra, 40's Big Band, The Beatles, ... well the list is too long and the variety of music is too extensive. I'm sure I am the only person in the world with Metallica, Mozart, Jimmy Dorsey, The Monkees and more on my iPod living peacefully side by side :)

2 comments:

Carol Roll said...

What a great folksy painting! I have always been envious of those with a talent for painting beautiful pics on canvas. Love your style this painting is very comforting and lovely.

Kathryn Ramos said...

Thank you :D