Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm posting two more paintings completed during the 30 Day Painting Challenge. I have to admit the next piece is done but not ready to be photographed as I'm "crackling" it, a process that won't be fully finished until this afternoon. As I finish these pieces, they will be ready for purchase at my shop http://www.kathrynramos.etsy.com/  .


With all of this speedy painting lately, I've been thinking about artists who just seem to naturally have the gift for laying paint down quicky. This, of course, is not me. I'm painfully slow but it brought up a memory of an artist I had the pleasure of seeing in the 80's at the University of Nevada, Reno.  I've been trying to remember his name but it just won't come to me. I think I even read that he had passed away but he was great. A huge, huge canvas, one song played while during that few minutes he grabbed paint and completed a portrait right there on stage, 4 minutes tops! Hmmm, not sure if that would even work with folk art but it sure did with these fabulous portraits of his.

No comments: