Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yay!! Finally time to photograph.









I'm posting a few photos today. Finally trying to get caught up on the backlog of photos I've gotten behind on :)  The two cupcakes and the very primitive house with the sheep are part of my 30 Day Challenge. What can I say, I love cupcakes! The very colorful piece of folk art with the quilts hanging out to dry? Well, I spent half a day cleaning out my studio. I hope I'm not the only artist who does this but sometimes I finish a painting and then file it away to the back of the canvas stack. Usually I do this because there is something I don’t like but I feel pretty certain that I will see it with new eyes later and spot the flaw or maybe, as in this case, wonder why I tucked it away. I think when I completed this piece in 2006, I had been debating on whether to give it a crackle finish or not. I'm glad I didn't as I love the bright colors. It just seems to fit with the colors of the quilts. As usual these paintings will be on my etsy sight later today and tomorrow at www.KathrynRamos.etsy.com . The fourth photo is the beginning stage of a folk art cloth and clay doll I'm working on. I'm new to folk art dolls but I love them so wanted to give one a try in my "spare time" which is usually around 1:00 am. Many thanks to The Original Cloth and Clay Doll Workshop with Jane DesRosier. When I have a chance I will post a link to this fabulous group.

1 comment:

Douglas S. Taylor said...

Very neat and different site. I enjoyed coming here.