Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Feathering the Art Nest.

Okay, yes I am behind on my 30 Day Challenge.... But I'm an optimist so I will double up the next few days. I have to say it is a labor of love to do these quick paintings.


I spoke with a gallery owner this week and I always walk away with two feelings after the portfolio review: 1) it's great to talk art, it just is a pleasure and 2) there is always that moment when I find myself searching their face for more, guess I'm looking for more adjectives.

I'm not sure if other artists are experiencing this but with our economy, being what it is, the luxury of buying art is not at the top of the priority list. But the selling of materials and tools to make art seems to be thriving. I think about myself when it's time to tighten the belt, I always find a little bit to spend on that prized paintbrush to add to my collection or a new tube of paint or today’s purchase, masonite board for a new painting. Do I already have paint, brushes, and canvases?? Yes!! but I love to feather my art nest with more :) My walking shoes have a few more miles on them, last year’s coat still looks good and manicure? pedicure? not nearly as much fun as this new brush and crackling medium I'm anxious to try.

 

No comments: