Sunday, December 27, 2009

Preparing for the New Year

And so another Christmas passes and I count my blessings again...

I'm working on my "lists" today. I'm making a list of things I like about myself even though some of them seem a bit quirky, well quirky if you are not me:)  I'm making a list of things I'm thankful for, hmmm, is it wrong to include this great latte I just made with a dash of cocoa and a hint of cinnamon? Then comes the list of what I want to focus on this coming year. Not resolutions, just areas of my life that need tweaking.  My biggest goal right now is to keep each list somewhere between 7 and 19 points. Less than 7 seems lazy, more than 19 feels too regimented, too anal.

No uninterrupted time for art this past week. Soon...

And finally, watched a great movie last night: Julie & Julia.  I know, I know, it has been out for a while but I rarely ever see a movie at the theater. There were so many scenes that I completely connected with. I'm not sure if I would call it a "chick flick" or not but I watched it with my teenage son and my husband and I was the only one laughing (meltdown on the kitchen floor)  and the only one tearful with joy as she finds success doing something she loves. 

Gratitude for Sunday: Here in the Western U.S. where it barely feels like winter with these perpetual sunny days, I'm grateful for clouds and even a little rain today.

No comments: