Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time for Change

New Years Eve... when I was young I would imagine that by 2010 we would all be traveling in hovercrafts, hmmm, picture the Jetsons. I'm sure I have just dated myself :)  But here we are,  much is the same even with profound developments in technology. My lists for the new year are almost complete, so much to be thankful for but so much to do...

I see the new year as a time of change for myself. I am an artist but I am also a teacher. This year I am a teacher without a classroom, one of many California teachers who have regretfully found themselves a victim of the economic crisis. Regardless of how much "recovery" news is out there, it is not so for the many excellent teachers waiting for a classroom.   I love my vagabond artistic life right now. I paint and create and even sell and I have met some wonderful people worldwide. But time to "re-invent" myself again. The arts in my life will continue but time to go back to school....again.  I'm the most educated woman I know without a job! It's a good thing I have a sense of humor :D    I would love to hear from other women who have re-invented themselves to pursue different careers.


Gratitude for Thursday:  I'm grateful for the feeling of excited anticipation that I feel for the year ahead.

3 comments:

Carol Roll said...

She is a beautiful doll!

Carol Roll said...

lOL I posted on the wrong comment line (Jane Gritty doll)! Anyway, hope your new year is full of wonderful things!

Kathryn Ramos said...

Thank you Carol :) I love that doll as well, funny how creating dolls is so satisfying. I look at her and see a personality in her face...
Happy New Year!