Sunday, March 7, 2010

16 Hours and Counting...

I haven't been faithful to my blog lately.  Well, it is now around 12:30am Sunday morning and I am taking a short coffee break to update my blog. I've been in my studio since 8am Saturday and I feel the cobwebs clearing from the corners of my art deprived brain. It is just the way I'm wired. Creativity is the cure. I will finish two paintings tonight and ahhh, it feels good. When I teach art classes, I teach the necessity and joy of doing at least one creative stroke a day. It can be as simple as a sweet daisy scrawled on a notepad and tacked up on your fridge to the perfect day of painting for at least 12 hours straight. I broke my own rule and paid for it. I think I will be back on track after this late night is over, either that or I will curse the moment I thought that 17 or so hours in my art studio was a good idea. More on that reasoning later when I'm more coherent...
Keep an art journal, read a book on the life of an artist, spend a few minutes cruising through an on-line art museum. Make a conscious decision to not abandon the right side of your brain.




Gratitude for Saturday: I really appreciate this good cup of coffee and choclate bar.

No comments: