Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Love Fabric

Today was the perfect day. I woke up, had the best cup of coffee, designed and assembled two new pieces of jewelry for my ETSY shop, worked on a painting, and then the ultimate:  a trip to the fabric store!  This is the seriously crazy part that I shared with my husband for the first time today - I LOVE FABRIC and I LOVE A GOOD SEWING MACHINE. I think I may need a 12 step program when it comes to fabric...I have always been infatuated with great fabric, the way it feels, the potential on every bolt. Consequently, I collect fabric like many of my friends collect, well, whatever it is they collect :) From the time I was a child, I felt the same way. When I was 18 (many years ago), just out of high school, all of my friends were buying their first cars. I bought a brand new cherry red Husqvarna machine to the tune of $1000. I walked out of the store with my new Husky and $78 a month payments and I loved it more than any car. I know, it's crazy!  I don't sell anything I make, I don't really have time to sew as I have too many other things that pull at my time but today was the first time I finally admitted this to anyone. So my husband responded with a most sincere, "maybe you should be designing clothes".  Gotta love that response! As you go through life trying to find the perfect mate, make sure the response you would get would be something just like that.


Gratitude for Wednesday:  I'm thankful for a wonderful husband. And I'm thankful  for my roses and wisteria in full bloom, they turn my garden into the English garden I dream of every winter.

No comments: