Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cleaning the Studio

I was cleaning my studio out this evening when I came across a stack of papers bound with a ribbon. They were older and I could see that I had taken special care to save those papers although for the most part I have no idea why!?!? There were two recipes for crock pot stew, a Christmas card from a friend, directions to a natural hot springs (that one has potential), and well, more mundane scraps that I won't bore you with. But there was one piece of paper that I had been looking for months ago and, yippee, it was bound in that ribbon. It is something a friend wrote me years ago. I was having a full blown pity party when she sent this to me, telling me what she does when the world is delivering lemons:


                                 I just grin, put on my big girl pants, place my hands on my big 'ol hips
                                and walk away! (No verbal response, no emotional withdrawal, no blame).
                                They may continue to fling expectations (for days!) in a vain attempt to
                                fool me into believing such silliness -- but my emotional train just keeps
                                movin' down the track!


I just love that bit of advice!



On an artsy note, has anyone found a great crackling medium for acrylic. The one company that makes the very best crackling medium, Anita's Fragile Crackle, is no longer making it. I have about 1/2 oz. left and it is worth its weight in gold.



Gratitude for Thursday: Thank you to my friend Kelly for turning me onto Week's Roses, they are the BEST. My rose garden makes me look like I know what I'm doing :)

No comments: