Saturday, July 24, 2010

Unfinished Painting


As usual I'm submerged in a number of projects right now but I wanted to take a few minutes to update my blog. When I teach art classes, I like to spend some time on the importance of patience, something I still work on every day. By patience, I mean that when you are in the trenches, working on a painting that is near and dear to your heart, it is very difficult to walk away from that painting in an unfinished stage. I will stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning to work on a painting simply because I can not walk away from it with so much  needing to be done. When I do give it a rest, it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up (after a strong cup of coffee !). It's like mowing half a lawn, washing half a car, or getting a manicure on only five nails!  Last night I gave it up at 3:30am :(   Tonight will be another long night but I'm posting a photo of the painting at this stage. It is still rough and will no doubt change before I finish. More later ...

No comments: