Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Juried Art Show

More on the beeswax experiments later......
I'm posting the three paintings that I'm entering into the Art Expo juried art show in Pasadena. Juried shows are odd birds, a bit subjective, but I enter them on the outside chance that my work is the "it" work of the day. I never paint to the show (too much pressure) but instead I like to choose what I believe are three of my best pieces from recent months. The three I chose vary in style but each are my present favorites. Even though I favor the primitive, folk type of work, I've been revisiting  more traditional painting lately. The landscape  is a product of that traditional exploration.  The snow scene is sold but my wonderful customer has gracefully allowed me to keep it through the show.

Quote of the Day: I am doomed to an eternity of compulsive work. No set goal achieved satisfies. Success only breeds a new goal. The golden apple devoured has seeds. It is endless. - Bette Davis

2 comments:

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Kathyrn, I found you on my bloghop posting at my blog and so happy to see your art!
I sure love your garden angel... and also the snow folk art.. reminds me of currier and ives..
Very nice.. so nice to see you, stop by and visit me too.. hugs, Darlene

Kathryn Ramos said...

Thank you Darlene :) Hugs back at you and I'll definitly be visiting you too!