Monday, September 27, 2010

Via Arte

Once again this year I'm a participating artist in the VIA ARTE ITALIAN STREET PAINTING FESTIVAL, a local art festival whose main purpose is to raise money for local art educational programs. If you are not  familiar with street painting, it's where a large pavement area is blocked off, artists are given squares (mine is 7x7) and over the course of two days a fantastic piece of art is created using pastel chalk. There will be music and fun for all. I have two weeks to come up with my art project for this year. There is a certain feeling of liberation in knowing that no matter how great or how awful the chalk pastel art project comes out, in the end, rain or wind or traffic... will wipe it all away. The only drawback is that last year it took a deep tissue massage to work out the kinks in my back from working bent over on my knees for so long. I can't wait!

Quote of the Day:   
We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world. ~ Helen Keller

6 comments:

Found art blog said...

I've heard of a similar event im Boston too.... wish we had it here in the UK!!

Gloria said...

Oh how fun. I would never be able to get down on that square. Why? Because I wouldn't be able to get up. Tee Hee. My knees have gradually increased in arthritic pain. Have fun and I look forward to seeing what your project will be.

Found art blog said...

You won my prize draw - can you email me your snail mail address? My email is available on my profile. Thanks!

Fernando said...

Suerte !!!

Kathryn Ramos said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Janine said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving wise words! Love the title of your blog and your work!