Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What to do....

I haven't been posting very much this week as I've been busy with various art projects. It is already Wednesday and I still am not sure what I will be doing for Via Arte this weekend. I have a 7' x 7' plot of pavement and I'm still trying to find my inspiration before I lay down a chalk grid on Friday evening. Traditional American Folk Art is my love and what I did last year but I'm still back and forth between that and something more contemporary. Last year I replicated a piece by Rufus Porter, it came out beautifully and I wouldn't mind doing that again.  The painting below is one of mine and one of my favorites and a more modern mixed media . I'm  thinking of trying this one as it has enough detail and interest to make chalk on the pavement fun and not so much that I will go crazy. 

Quote for the day: Perfection is self-abuse of the highest order.  - Anne Wilson Schaef

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I can't be perfect; I don't try to be perfect; I'm so happy God did not make me a perfectionist. If it's not perfect, that's ok. I just move on. Perfection doesn't even exist, does it?

Gloria said...

Hi Kathryn. That looks like a great piece to do on the pavement. Just enjoy yourslef. I love the background colors. I agree with that quote. I definitely am not a perfecionist. Have a great Thursday.