Sunday, December 12, 2010

Looking Ahead...

 Today I still find myself working with these encaustic mixed media pieces. Rather than art cards, I've been making ornaments out of these small works of art and I've had such a positive response that next year I've vowed to start making them in July to create all that are knocking around in my head. This photo is a few that I've posted in my ETSY shop this weekend. We still have three weeks until the New Year but I've been tossing around my art resolutions and I feel a definite need to get back to my folk art, something I have abandoned for the last couple of months. Primitive or folk art for me is like "home", no matter how far I travel, how exotic the destinations, there are times when I want to return home and bask in the warmth and comfort of the familiar. There are times when re-treading the beaten path can be invigorating.

On a side note, I want to thank my friends at EBSQ for asking me to be the artist featured on Blogger of the Week at EBSQ on December 28th. More on that later but I have to say I love EBSQ and all that it does for self-representing artists. I've been a member for more years than I can remember and if you want to check out some terrific artists, head over to http://www.ebsqart.com/


Quote of the day: "First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then well to go skating, then well eat a roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we'll snuggle!" ~ Buddy in Elf

No comments: