Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012

I'm sitting in my studio pondering life, not so much a part of my New Year's resolutions as just a couple weeks off and some time on my hands. The goal it to pick up my a paint brush and at least start something. To procrastinate just a little more, I'm going to share some art with you. The first piece is an old 8x10 oil of roses. I never pass up old paintings at flea markets, garage sales, ... and given the time and resources I would line my home with artwork of both old and new artists. I always have the hope that I will stumble upon a masters work and this is the closest I have come. This still life of roses is by the artist Marguerite Freytag Ciprico (1891-1973). She signed MC Ciprico. Found this one at a church rummage sale and I arrived just as they were cleaning and packing up. Still surprised that no one bought it as I love it and would have loved it even if it had been unsigned.
The other two paintings I have today are by my grandmother and were completed around 1960 and are fairly large oils. They are my favorites and hold great sentimental value.
Now that I have finished this very strong cup of coffee, it's time to see if I can pull my own artistic identity out of hibernation.






Quote of the Day: "Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin.Beginning makes the conditions perfect." ~Alan Cohen


1 comment:

Gloria said...

Very nice paintings.I love them all but your Grandmothers paintings, wow! How lucky you are to have them. My word they are excellent and show a lot of feeling. Thanks for sharing. Wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and fruitful, fun, healthy and happy year of 2012. Enjoy and take care