Saturday, December 29, 2012

Freedom Has a Price

Last week I sold a painting to a very special person. It was a gift and I never met the recipient but from what I heard, she had fallen in love with it and it was to be a Christmas surprise.  Here is the back story on this painting. In 2009, I had watched a number of news stories following unrest in the Middle East. One particular story grabbed me, it was a news broadcast about a woman who lost her life in a government rebellion. Her story captured my attention not just because it was the news of the day, but because she was one of many everyday heroes choosing to battle for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. From the United States and all around the world, there are people choosing to march into the fray to stand for what they believe to be right. I kept the painting in my studio for quite a while before bringing it into the open. This angel had special meaning to me and I hoped that one day someone else would find a connection to her as well. That person did.

Quote of the day:  "But then there are magical, beautiful things in the world. There's incredible acts of kindness and bravery, and in the most unlikely places, and it gives you hope."  ~ Dave Matthews

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Hi Kathryn. Beautiful meaninful story and awesome piece. Happy New Year. May it be a wonderful year for you and yours. Take care.