Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Beauty of Painting

The paint sits on my palette, the studio windows are open. I can smell the wisteria and roses. The music plays and if I close my eyes I'm in another place, another time.  This is the beauty of painting for me: I create because it fulfills something deeper inside but it's a very meditative time as well, stills my ever contentious mind. Every stroke of the brush is a breath captured for all time.

Quote of the Day :  "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts,..." - William Shakespeare

2 comments:

MeOfCourse said...

Beautiful post and I suppose many of us feel this way. I just came from my studio that is outside and the windows are open too. I went to prep a canvas for a Van Gogh piece I'm working on. It's wonderful going in there because it has it's own scent. An alive scent where I get lost. Haven't seen you post work a while. I should backtrack a bit. Have a great day. gloria

Kathryn Ramos said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Van Gogh piece :)