Monday, May 12, 2014

Redemption and Karma

I sat down to paint today. For the first time in so very many years I simply could not find my inspiration. How is it possible to misplace something like that? Yes, it's a little tongue in cheek but it is bothering me. This year has brought a fair share of challenges, some karma to be dealt with, and even some redemption.  I can't speak for every artist but for me painting is an extension of me, it is my every mood, my unspoken psyche. I think a lot of artists are that way. A friend of mine does some absolutely magnificent paintings, they are large canvas, powerful, a little dark, and intriguing.  Knowing him allows me to know that he has a very turbulent presence and these painting allow him to let it go.  No particular end to this thought today, just more questions.  


Quote of the Day: "Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't." - Steve Maraboli

2 comments:

MeOfCourse said...

Perhaps, paint exactly how you are feeling. Your brush will do it for you. It will be fine. Have a wonderful day and wish you the best.
gloria

Kathryn Ramos said...

Thank you Gloria. Always good to read your comments :)