Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Favorite

       I don't think there is an artist alive that doesn't appreciate knowing that their work has touched someone's life. I suspect that no matter how much fame you achieve or how much monetary value is attached to your paintings, it is still the sheer joy of pleasing someone with your creation that is just the best feeling.  I have sold many pieces of art in my career, some from galleries, most over the internet. Some have been purchased at shows where I had the chance to meet the collectors in person and still ranks high on my list of favorite times. That moment when someone lays eyes on your work and their feeling of pleasure is almost palpable, it is like no other.  There is a painting in my own collection, one I completed a few years ago, that still touches my heart. "Grace of an Angel" is very large measuring 30 x 40. She hangs in my home now but on occasion I still get the same reaction from those who see her up close....there is something about that painting.  She is special even a little magical...


Quote of the Day:  "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  ~  Maya Angelou

Song of the Day:   "Last Time I Fell in Love" ~ Johnny Mathis & Jane Olivor

No comments: