Sunday, July 6, 2014

Aldo Luongo

               I consider it a blessing that I have only been bored a few times in my entire adult life and today is one of those times. I guess that's not too bad, all considered. With temperatures hovering around 105 degrees, painting outside is not an option.  For reasons I can't explain, I sat staring at my canvas today and realized that I simply have nothing that I want to paint. This is so rare for me that I am taking advantage of the moment to ponder why and maybe do some soul searching.  Usually when I have some down time, I like to read and I'm enjoying Austin Kleon's new book, Show Your Work but not today. When it's not art books,  it's Dan Brown, my future lover/boyfriend/husband/whatever  and his book Inferno. Love his writing. Mrs. Brown might have something to say about this sooooo.... just for the record, it's a joke...really... seriously...but a girl can dream...and in all truth, I do love his books.

                So I got off track....reading is not even on my list today. So the next favorite activity is to browse the internet for up and coming artists as well as visit some of my absolute favorites and see what they're up to.  There are so many wonderful artists whose work I really enjoy.  Today I spent some time on Aldo Luongo's website. He is one of my all time favorites.  All of his work touches me but my favorites are those with The Hawk.  Some paintings just make you feel privileged to even view them. He's an artist I would love to meet. Okay, truth, he's an artist I'd like to personally learn from.
A Good Red Wine by Aldo Luongo

Pacific Breeze by Aldo Luongo

Mid Morning Cappuccino by Aldo Luongo

Quote of the Day: "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe

Song of the Day: "Brave" ~ Sara Baraeilles

No comments: