Saturday, February 28, 2015

Last Day of February 2015

    One of my goals for 2015 is to post works in progress. I have two paintings on my easel this week and they are both far from finished but here they are. This first one is an angel. A few years ago I spent a summer doing a series of angels. Every one of them has been sold except for the one nearest to my heart. Each one seemed to have a predestined owner, not intentional on my part, just kizmit I guess.   I am resurrecting the angels but I have to tell you that the angels are different than my other paintings in that they....hmm...how to say this....they come to my canvas in a different way. Most of my paintings come from an explicit need to express a feeling or a passion for a scene. The angels show up on my canvas as some kind of extension of my subconscious. More on that later.

 The second painting is another of my Rufus Porter inspired pieces. Again it is very much in the beginning stages but hopefully with quiet rainfall on the roof of my studio tonight, I will make lots of progress.



Quote of the Day:  "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  ~ Robert Frost

Song of the Day:  "Epiphany" ~ Staind

No comments: