Sunday, May 3, 2015

Angel Paintings

In the past I've mentioned my angel series...the series crops up every once in a while. I know this will sound very new age? holistic? but the angels come, when they come. I usually work on traditional folk art paintings with an occasional plein air here and there. The angels come into my dreams. When they start coming in nightly, I get the essence on canvas, in my own style of course. They are kind of a visual metaphor for me.  I know they may disappear again or they may stay a while but until then, I keep painting them. This is the part that I don't really know how to explain....how are the messages determined? Every angel has a message and I don't know it until I come to just about the end, and sometimes even then they can sit in my studio for days as I wait for the message. When I'm done with these mixed media angles, they get at least five coats of sealant. When I am done listening to them and they need to go to another owner, they will show up on ETSY and my website.

Two finished and one in the planning stage.

Quote of the Day: "No, I never saw an angel, but it is irrelevant whether I saw one or not. I feel their presence around me". ~ Paul Coelho


No comments: