Monday, June 13, 2016

Looking for the Joy

When the news is overwhelmingly sad and the future looks bleak, when elections, terrorists, and hate seem to dominate the headlines, I turn to art more than ever. Art heals. It doesn't discriminate. Creating is a salve for a wounded soul and oh my God is there ever a greater need than now?

I've read this quote from Mr. Rogers many times over the years and given my age, I can safely say I heard it the day it was spoken:   When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."


These 4 paintings are sitting in my studio now, I'll live with them and add finishing touches until later this week when they will head to the online gallery.....www.KathrynRamos.etsy.com








Song of the Day: "Lean on Me" ~ Bill Withers

Quote of the Day: "An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind." ~ Mahatma Ghandi


No comments: